arrow arrow arrow arrow arrow
Home :: Forums :: High School Volleyball :: Boys Volleyball :: AGR 2013

New Poll Poll  Reply  Print  Alert ModeratorAlert Moderator
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JD8
B

27 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  1:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the regular season closes and we move on to sectionals its time to start predicting the AGR 2013 team. Always an active thread with lots of opinions.

Going to start with what I consider locks to be on the team. You can take any of these guys and place them on one of the middle or lower tier teams and they instantly become best players on the team.

1.Colby Harriman McQuaid- DI talent, doesnt get the big stats every night because of the competition level. Sectionals should bring out the best in him. POY favorite.

2. Sam Bittiker Penfield- In my opinion the most improved player in section V. Most dominant player on a dominant team. Eden tourney was his coming out party. POY candidate

3. Mitch Kennedy Fairport-Great hands, great feel for the game, best player on argueably the best team in section V. Also a very good hitter. Couple of all-tourney selections. POY candidate

4. Brannon Perdicho Victor-Probably the most versatile player in section V. Plays outside,middle and rightside in three rotations. Plays big in big games. 1MVP and 3 all tourneys. POY sleeper

5. Colin Mahan Victor- A close second in Most improved player. Only a Junior. Dominant hitter...may be the next DI player out of section V. 1MVP and 3 all tourneys. POY sleeper

6. Josh Holm Fairport-The best middle in section V this year. Was a blocking machine against Penfield. May be the difference maker between the big three in class A.

The rest...
7. Brad Flannigan Fairport
8. John Roate Penfield
9. Eric Tuttle Irondequoit
10. Dane LeClair McQuaid
11. Jake Kemp Midlakes
12. Anthony Macera Spencerport

Could easily be considered.
Jamie Wolmering Fairport
Spencer Wickens McQuaid
Adam Dake Victor
Garret Quiel Penfield

I'm certain I have missed a few...Lots of talent out there. As sectionals and states come along lots of these boys will have a chance to secure there spots or move into a spot in the top 12.

Edited by - JD8 on 10/23/2013 12:12:51 PM

pinch
B

21 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  3:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jon Roat is from Penfield, not McQuaid
Go to Top of Page

ohmbrhsl13
B

31 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  9:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would put Jamie Wolmering over Eric Tuttle. Everything else looks good.
Go to Top of Page

JD8
B

27 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2013 :  1:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree...Jamie has played great.
Go to Top of Page

Q

570 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  09:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Q an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Guaranteed Robbie Schnall will be there
Go to Top of Page

ohmbrhsl13
B

31 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  2:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robbie Schnall would be under both Jamie Wolmering and Eric Tuttle. He may be there as an honorable mention.
Go to Top of Page

Q

570 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2013 :  06:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Q an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how much money are you willing to bet on this......
Go to Top of Page

JD8
B

27 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2013 :  11:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For sure Robbie has had a good year...who do you take off? There are probably 15-20 kids who have a legit case to be part of the 12.
Go to Top of Page

grapeape468
Bumper

4 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2013 :  5:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always good debate on this topic. I do think the ‘locks’ per JD8 are still locks. While Schnall has had a solid year and is his team’s leader, I think he might be top 20, but not top 12.. but given the history of a top 20 player from Webster finding their way onto the AGR squad the prior two years.. I have no reason to doubt Q’s confidence and wouldn’t take the bet #61514; (ie. Schnall will be there). Onto POY… while it’s tough not to still consider Harriman POY… at least co-POY with his overall credentials (vs season performance/stats), I agree with some that mentioned that Kennedy should be given some serious consideration for POY given his season results & leadership with the Fairport squad… or at least co-POY.

This leaves my opinion with a few options as:

Harriman; Co-POY
Kennedy; Co-POY
Bittker
Perdicio
Mahan
Holm
Leclair
Roat or Macera
Kemp or Quiel
Tuttle or Wolmering
Flanagan
Schnall

Go to Top of Page

volleyball1
A

136 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2013 :  6:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My opinion in order of talent.....
1. Harriman Co POY
2. Bittker Co POY
3. LeClair
4. Kemp
5. Roat
6. Kennedy
7. Mahan
8. Holm
9. Wolmering
10. Flanagan
11. Perdicco
Battle between....Macera, Dake, Schnall, Tuttle
Go to Top of Page

Q

570 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  07:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Q an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think to start an all star selection...the thinking "who do you take off?" is part of the problem.....
The question should be "who do you put on the team.

the take off theme is one where people are already on until they do something wrong......how about we build the team from what people have done.

and who are we kidding? this is AGR boys volleyball. they spread the wealth and decide the team with little or no input from all the coaches.

Go to Top of Page

jah
Bumper

9 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  6:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has there ever been a POY from a team that did not win sectionals?
Go to Top of Page

JOD
Bumper

10 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  6:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul Syta from Fairport was Co Player of the Year with Robbie Page.
Go to Top of Page

JD8
B

27 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  07:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first post was just a "prediction" of who one might choose based on performance. Certainly just one persons opinion. I think most of us who post here have seen all of these kids play in both club and school seasons and so our opinions will certainly differ from the newspapers. Lets face it, they are going to spread the wealth and take the kids who get their name in the paper for kills or assists each night. No consideration is given to the fact that 19 kills may be at a .150 hitting % or that great passing and defense contribute as much if not more to a teams success. On top of that, the numbers that hit the newspaper are often times quite different than what actually happened in the match. Stats are being kept by kids or parents. I think a great selection process would involve both the coaches and the players.

Go to Top of Page

paulywog
Bumper

13 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2013 :  12:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JD8

The first post was just a "prediction" of who one might choose based on performance. Certainly just one persons opinion. I think most of us who post here have seen all of these kids play in both club and school seasons and so our opinions will certainly differ from the newspapers. Lets face it, they are going to spread the wealth and take the kids who get their name in the paper for kills or assists each night. No consideration is given to the fact that 19 kills may be at a .150 hitting % or that great passing and defense contribute as much if not more to a teams success. On top of that, the numbers that hit the newspaper are often times quite different than what actually happened in the match. Stats are being kept by kids or parents. I think a great selection process would involve both the coaches and the players.

Well said and right on the money. Everybody keeps stats in a different "methodology" and therefore the numbers can be misrepresented because one is comparing apples and the other comparing oranges. Coaches and players know who delivers and who
doesn't. It has always been bump, set, spike so without a good first
pass, the setter typically can't put the ball where the hitter needs
and then the hitter can't put it away. Hitting is fun to watch but so is great ball control such as serve receipt, passing, digging, blocking &
zone coverage. This sounds obvious and not too complicated, but it
is not always the tallest or strongest team that wins out, but more
often the team that plays well in all aspects of the game. What I personally love is that no gloves, sticks or other equipment is used in
the game of volleyball, just players minds and bodies on the court!
Go to Top of Page

ysoserious
BB

52 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2013 :  9:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When does AGR come out in the newspaper? Have the players been interviewed yet?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Poll Poll  Reply  Print  Alert ModeratorAlert Moderator
Jump To:
2014 MSH Design, All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000